Home Office Policy Changes from 11.01.2018
The Home Office announced a series of changes to its Immigration Policy which are due to take effect on 11 January 2018. The HO’s document is some 75 pages long but here’s a summary of the main changes:
– Take account of the future commencement of the immigration bail provisions in Schedule 10 to the Immigration Act 2016.
– Provide for entry clearance to be issued electronically.
– Allow standard and marriage/civil partnership visit visa holders to transit using the same visa.
– Clarify and remove inconsistencies from the rules relating to indefinite leave to remain for main applicants and their dependants in work categories.
– Double the number of available places in the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category to 2,000, and allow accelerated settlement for certain applicants.
– Consolidate and clarify the rules for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applicants.
– Make new Tier 2 provisions for research positions and for students switching from Tier 4
If you’ve got any questions or concerns please get in touch with Fountain Solicitors on 01922 645 429 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require assistance in Immigration Law, Marriage Visas, Student Visas, Asylum, Family Law, Divorce, Personal Injury, Accident Claims, Medical Negligence, Employment Law, Civil Penalties, Civil Litigation, Housing, Welfare Benefits, Wills, Probate, Power of Attorneys, please call 01922 645 429 or email email@example.com or visit our website