Bicycle accidents commonly occur on the UK’s roads. A claimant who suffers injuries following a bicycle accident often suffers severe injuries, even when the cyclist is travelling at a low speed.
Call Fountain Solicitors, who will deal with your claim, regardless of whether your accident was caused by vehicle, motorists, trouble with poorly maintained roads, obstructions, or slippery surfaces caused by spillages.
Our specialist solicitors can help you obtain compensation against the person or organisation responsible for your accident.
Under the rules of the Road Traffic Accident Protocol, the onus is on you to prove that your accident was caused as a consequence of the defendant’s actions or negligence. It is therefore imperative that you provide Fountain Solicitors with as much information as possible to support your accident and injuries. Please ensure that the following are available:
- Full details of the defendant and his/her vehicle (if one is available)
- If the defendant is not co-operating, do not hesitate to contact the police;
- If the police and ambulance do arrive at the scene, ensure you fully co-operate with all their queries. Make a note of the police reference number and the officer who attended the scene. This will enable your solicitors to obtain a full account of the ambulance records and police report;
- Take full details of any witnesses involved;
- Take a note of a description of the Defendant and whether there were any passenger’s in their vehicle;
- Take a full note of the incident location. When you return home, try to carry out a ‘Google’ map search to be in a position to demonstrate exactly where the incident occurred.
- Visit your GP as soon as possible.
Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB)
You may be in a position where your are hit by a vehicle but the defendant drives off from the scene, or you are provided with the defendant’s details but discover later that the defendant is uninsured. In those circumstances, you can still pursue a claim for personal injury. Fountain Solicitors will submit your claim to the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB). The MIB is a government-funded body which offers compensation to this type of claimant. The claimant is again to obtain as much detail as possible, including a full description of the defendant, and notify the police of the incident as soon as convenient.
We will commence in proceeding with your claim as soon as we have all relevant information.
We will deal with your case on a “no win, no fee” pledge.
To assist you obtaining your compensation as soon as possible, we have systems in place to ensure that your claim is dealt with effectively and efficiently. This also helps us meet the fixed deadlines set out in the ‘Ministry Of Justice’ process.
We have an experienced team of solicitors who endeavour to obtain both your general damages, consisting of injuries caused as a direct result of your accident, and special damages, which are all your financial losses incurred following your incident (though your financial losses must be found to be attributable to the incident in question, and losses must be considered reasonable in the circumstances with supporting evidence for your losses). The aim of your personal injury solicitor is to ‘put you back in the position you would have enjoyed had this accident not taken place’.
Please contact one of our personal injury lawyers in Walsall on 01922 645 429 or Newport on 01633 920 160, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, complete our short enquiry form and our personal injury solicitors will get back to you as soon as possible. We will call you to discuss your claim in full and the procedures set out for such type of incident.
Accidents occurring in Walsall, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stoke, Coventry, Leicester, Worcester, Manchester, London, Bristol, Newport, Cardiff and any other part of England and Wales, are sincerely welcome to contact our no win, no fee lawyers to pursue their claim.