Who can apply, and when?
- BN(O) Status Holders (and their dependents)
- Household Members born on or after 1st July 1997 of BN(O) Status Holders (and their dependents)
- The new route opens on 31st January 2021—but temporary leave can be applied for immediately
From where do I need to apply?
From anywhere in the world.
What are the requirements?
- BN(O) Status Holder, or Household Member of BN(O) Status Holder
- Dependent of BN(O) Status Holder or Household Member
- TB test (if spent last six months in Hong Kong or other “Appendix T” country)
- Financial requirement (unless you are in the UK and have been living in the UK for 12 months or more)
- Ordinarily resident in the UK or Hong Kong
- UK visa application fee £180 for a 30-month visa, £250 for a 5-year visa
- NHS surcharge
How do I apply?
- Collate evidence
- Lodge application online
- Upload evidence
- Pay the fee
What if I want to apply for temporary leave now, whilst I wait for the BN(O) route to become available?
Whether you are in the UK or outside the UK, you may immediately apply for leave outside the rules for a period of up to six months, with the same eligibility requirements as above.
For more information and to book in a consultation, contact Fountain Solicitors Manchester, 0161 399 2786, or email email@example.com