BN(O) Visa Route

Who can apply, and when?

  • BN(O) Status Holders (and their dependents)
  • Household Members born on or after 1st July 1997 of BN(O) Status Holders (and their dependents)
  • The new route opens on 31st January 2021—but temporary leave can be applied for immediately

From where do I need to apply?

From anywhere in the world.

What are the requirements?

  1. BN(O) Status Holder, or Household Member of BN(O) Status Holder
  2. Dependent of BN(O) Status Holder or Household Member
  3. TB test (if spent last six months in Hong Kong or other “Appendix T” country)
  4. Financial requirement (unless you are in the UK and have been living in the UK for 12 months or more)
  5. Ordinarily resident in the UK or Hong Kong
  6. UK visa application fee £180 for a 30-month visa, £250 for a 5-year visa
  7. NHS surcharge

How do I apply?

  • Collate evidence
  • Lodge application online
  • Upload evidence
  • Pay the fee

What if I want to apply for temporary leave now, whilst I wait for the BN(O) route to become available?

Whether you are in the UK or outside the UK, you may immediately apply for leave outside the rules for a period of up to six months, with the same eligibility requirements as above.

For more information and to book in a consultation, contact Fountain Solicitors Manchester, 0161 399 2786, or email 

Related Posts

Make an enquiry