Satbachan Kaur – LL.B (Hons)
Satbachan Kaur is a practicing Solicitor within the Immigration Department at Fountain Solicitors and has over 10 years specialist experience in the area, she has obtained and maintained level 2 senior immigration accreditation with supervisory status for the last 8 years.
She has a wealth of experience in representing both detained and non-detained clients across a broad spectrum of immigration, asylum and human rights matters. She has extensive experience in Refugee & Asylum law, with expertise in asylum, human rights claims, appeals, detention work and bail applications. She predominately conducts her own appeals in the First-Tier and Upper Tribunal of the Immigration Asylum Chamber (IAC). She conducts both privately and publicly funded clients.
Satbachan Kaur is committed to assisting the most vulnerable clients including unaccompanied asylum seeking, refugee children and victims of domestic abuse and those who have been trafficked to the UK.
Satbachan Kaur has recently been heavily involved in the landmark Country Guidance case of ZMM (Article 15(c)) Libya CG  UKUT 263 (IAC), where the court upheld that the violence in Libya has reached such a high level that substantial grounds are shown for believing that a returning civilian would, solely on account of his presence on the territory of that country or region, face a real risk of being subject to a threat to his life or person.
Satbachan Kaur is fluent in Punjabi and Hindi and can also converse in Urdu.
- Law Practice Course (LPC) – Birmingham City University
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) – University of Central England
- BA Legal Studies Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies – Coventry University
- Previously worked at Riley Hayes Solicitors,(Trainee Solicitor) Sultan Lloyd Solicitors, (Solicitor), Duncan Lewis Solicitors (Supervisor) and joined Fountain Solicitors in April 2018
- Admitted to the roll of Solicitors in 2015
Membership & Accreditations
- Level 2 Senior Caseworker with supervisory status- Accreditation under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme.