Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme (CICS)
Criminal injuries can lead to serious effects, and victims will not only suffer from long-term physical injuries, but also psychological damage and distress. You must claim within two years from the date of your accident to avoid your claim from being statute barred.
Fountain Solicitors will secure you compensation from the CICS, which is a government-funded scheme. The CICS provides compensation throughout the UK to those victims who are not at fault for being involved in violent crimes. The value of your compensation will be paid depending on the nature and severity of your injuries.
Under the rules of the CICS, the onus is on you to prove that your accident was caused as a consequence of the defendant’s actions. It is therefore imperative that you provide Fountain Solicitors with as much information as possible to support your incident and injuries. Please ensure that the following are available:
- Full details of the person/group who caused your injuries, including address and contact numbers;
- The police must have been notified of your incident and injuries within 48 hours of your incident (or as soon as possible);
- You must have completed a statement by the police and have been provided with a log/police reference number;
- You must co-operate with the Police, otherwise the CICS may not award you compensation.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. If you do not attend the hospital on the very same day, then visit your GP the next convenient day;
- If you have suffered severe bruising or cuts that are visible, please ensure you take clear photographs of your injuries and keep a hold of them until the CICS request to see them. You are required to take photographs, even towards the end of the period in which your marks or scarring are starting to fade;
- Your incident cannot have occurred more than two years prior to your claim;
- The incident must have occurred in England and Wales or Scotland;
- You must have no unspent criminal convictions;
- If you anticipate that you will be off work for some time following your incident, you must keep hold of all your wage slips pre- and post-incident.
Whilst the offender’s details are significant, there is a possibility of pursuing a claim against an unidentified or prosecuted offender, so call Fountain Solicitors to win your compensation.
We will commence in proceeding with your claim as soon as we have all relevant information. This will be under our ‘no win, no fee’ scheme.
To assist you in obtaining your compensation as soon as possible, we have systems in place to ensure that your claim is dealt with effectively and efficiently.
We have an experienced team of solicitors in Walsall, who will endeavour to obtain both your general damages, consisting of injuries caused as a direct result of your accident, and special damages, which is all your financial losses incurred following your incident (though your financial losses must be found to be attributable to the incident in questions, and losses must be considered reasonable in the circumstances and accompanied with supporting evidence of your losses). The aim of your personal injury solicitor is to ‘put you back in the position you would have enjoyed had this accident not taken place’.
For criminal assault claims, call Fountain Solicitors on 01922 645 429, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, can complete our short enquiry form and one of our dedicated personal injury solicitors will get back to you as soon as they can. Your designated lawyer will call you to discuss your claim in full, as well as the procedures set out for such type of incident.
Accidents occurring in Walsall, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stoke, Coventry, Leicester, Worcester, Manchester, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport and any other part of England and Wales, are sincerely welcome to contact our ‘no win, no fee’ lawyers to pursue their claim.