Slips and Trips in Public and Private Places

Had a slip and trip?  Call Fountain Solicitors to your assistance.  Our specialist Lawyers in Walsall and Newport will meet all of your needs. Your health and safety is priority under all circumstances, and compensation will be obtained for any such breaches.

Some of the most common accidents in the UK are a consequence of falling due to defects or spillages in public and private places.  The injuries can have a significant impact on the quality of your life.  You may be unable to work as a result of the fall, and it may damage your future earnings.

Our designated team of personal injury lawyers will assist you in obtaining compensation through every stage of your public liability or product liability claim.

Your Duties

Under the rules of the Public Liability Protocol, the onus is on you to prove that your accident was caused as a consequence of the defendant’s actions or negligence.  It is therefore imperative that you provide Fountain Solicitors with as much information as possible to support your accident and injuries.  Please ensure that the following are available:

  • Full details of the incident location, including address and contact numbers of head offices;
  • If you tripped in a store, then ensure that an accident report form is completed, even if it is recorded shortly after your accident date;
  • Take full details of any witnesses involved;
  • Please take photographs of the location of the incident, the defective area or spillage in question;
  • Seek medical treatment as soon as possible.  If you do not attend the hospital on the very same day, then visit your GP the next convenient day;
  • Ensure that the incident occurred no more than three years ago to pursue your claim for damages

Common Questions

What if I sustained an injury when on private property?
Private property can be defined as a shop, supermarket, gym, or anything owned by someone else. The owner of the property is responsible for your health and safety during the time you are there, and therefore you can pursue a claim, and may be entitled to damages.

What if I sustained an injury in the supermarket or other public building?
If you have slipped in the supermarket, whether on water or food, you may be able to get compensation, particularly if there was no sign indicating the hazard.

Can I get compensation for an injury sustained in a public place, like a paving slab?
Yes. If you tripped on an uneven paving slab, or a hole in the ground that should clearly have been marked, you may be able to get compensation.

What if it was dark, and I did not see the hazard, even though there was a sign?
Signs should be visible in the dark if there is a potential hazard, therefore you may be eligible for compensation.

Our Pledge

We will commence in proceeding with your claim as soon as we have all relevant information.
We will deal with your case on a  “no win, no fee” pledge.

To assist you in obtaining your compensation as soon as possible, we have systems in place to ensure that your claim is dealt with effectively and efficiently.

We have an experienced team of solicitors who will endeavour to obtain both your general damages, consisting of injuries caused as a direct result of your accident, and special damages, which are all your financial losses incurred following your incident (though your financial losses must be found to be attributable to the incident in question, and losses must be considered reasonable in the circumstances and supported by evidence of your losses).  The aim of your personal injury solicitor is to ‘put you back in the position you would have enjoyed had this accident not taken place’.

We will act on your behalf for all slip and trip accidents for those client’s who reside in Walsall, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stoke, Coventry, Worcester, Leicester,  Manchester, Midlands, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport or any other parts of England and Wales.

Please contact one of our dedicated workplace solicitors on 01922 645 429, or email us on Alternatively, you can complete our short enquiry form, and one of our dedicated personal injury solicitors will call you to discuss your claim in full and the procedures set out for such type of incident.

Related Links

Head Office

South Office

North Office

West Midlands

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *