Further Leave to Remain

Visas are normally only granted for a specified amount of time. An individual with a limited leave to remain visa should either make arrangements to leave the UK before their visa expires or seek to extend it. This involves making an application to the Home Office. When someone applies to extend their visa it is called an application for ‘further leave to remain’.

Requests for further leave to remain must be made on the correct application form otherwise they will be returned as invalid and will not be processed by the Home Office. For almost every application there is quite a large processing fee that is non-refundable in the event of refusal. There may also be an Immigration Health Surcharge fee to be paid in advance. Some people may be exempt from paying the fees and should seek advice. If an application is refused, you may be granted a right of appeal before an Immigration Judge.

Many applications for further leave can be made either by post or using the UKVI’s Same Day Premium Service. We can assist you with your application no matter which application process you choose.

To speak to an experienced solicitor, please complete our enquiry form


Related Links

Head Office

South Office

North Office

West Midlands