Spouse Visa and Family Visas

If you are British or have settled status and have family members abroad, they will need to apply for entry clearance in order to join you in the United Kingdom. Over the years, the Home Office has introduced stringent criteria that you will need to meet in order to submit a successful application. There are now numerous requirements and specified evidence that must be submitted. Many applications are refused because the applicant has not provided all of the evidence required.

We can assist you with the following applications, extensions and appeals:

Spouses, Civil Partners and Fiances

Spouse, civil partners or fiancés who are outside of the UK will need to apply for entry clearance. They will need to meet all requirements relating to suitability, relationship, financial, accommodation and English language.


Children can enter the UK to join their parents who are in the UK. Different requirements are set out to cover different family circumstances.

Parents of a Child in the UK

This route is intended for parents who have responsibility for or access to their child following the breakdown of their relationship with the child’s other parents.

Adult Dependent Relatives

This route is for the parents, grandparents, siblings or children over 18 of British citizens, settled persons or those with refugee status or humanitarian protection. Applicants must show amongst other things that as a result of their age, illness or disability they require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks and that they are unable to obtain the required level of care in their country of origin.

Our Immigration Lawyers are able to give specialist legal advice in this area of law. To contact one of our Immigration Solicitors, please complete our enquiry form.

Related Links

Head Office

South Office

North Office

West Midlands

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *